Romans 10:14-15

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?And how can they believe in the one whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:14-15

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Significance of a Background

In a way, this blog marks the beginning of a journey, But, when I think about it, when was the beginning really? You could say it was December 2007 when I gave my life to Christ or maybe July 2010 when I received the Lord's call to Africa or maybe August 2012 when I applied to serve in Africa with Africa Inland Mission. Certainly all of those dates and all that has happened along the way has brought me to this point. It has been an amazing journey so far and I look forward to all the Lord has planned for me, for the team and for the Sakalava people. Which brings me to the significance of the background of this blog. No scenery, no animals but a road. This road represents to me the road the Lord has called me to and the road I have chosen to follow. Notice you can't see where the road is leading. This is also the case with this journey. Because you cannot see the road ahead, it is a journey of faith, of trust and of dependence. May I grow in all of these areas over the next two and a half years. Through this blog, I will share this journey with you......come along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment